Versatile Blogger Award!
Better than an award is Community.
It’s not so much the honor but the connection that counts. At the end of last year, Steph Morgan of Always Greener nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I was so surprised! Thank you Steph for your kind comment and for nominating me! 🙂 I really like your blog, too.
There are 4 Rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know they’ve been nominated.
First, what does Versatile really mean? These definitions made me smile:
- Having varied uses or serving many functions: “The most versatile of vegetables is the tomato” (Craig Claiborne).
- Biology. Capable of moving freely in all directions, as the antenna of an insect, the toe of an owl, or the loosely attached anther of a flower. [never knew owl toes were versatile!]
Here are 7 things about myself:
- What I want most in the world is Health. After that, anything becomes possible.
- I love traveling because it keeps me aware, passionate, and fully present.
- My spirituality is Unitarian Universalist and this greatly influenced my decision to start Ripples.
- I live a very Disney life because it encourages a focus on love and nature, emphasizing FUN!
- As a vegetarian, my favorite foods are quesadillas, pierogies, and rice curries of all kinds.
- The best places to be are outdoors up a tree, or in a book shop.
- My worst weakness is being overly sensitive (to fabric, sound, light and people in general).
This next part was the hardest. One, I’m new to serious blogging. Two, I have only recently learned how to comment in a way that lets bloggers know I am not a random nickname or food item. Third, when I think about blogs that have changed my life and deserve this award, I wonder if the authors will merely think it’s spam! Not a great first impression. Regardless, I nominate the following bloggers (in no particular order) –
I’m passing the award along to these 15 bloggers:
- For a true-life tale of a dear named Daisy, I nominate Day by Day the Farm Girl Way.
- A recently re-discovered blog by an insightful person I care about, PaintingColorblind.
- For remarkable animal photography, I’m looking forward to reading Allaboutlemon.
- Again for nature photography, I’ve really enjoyed Photo Nature Blog.
- With great Harry Pottery pumpkin recipes and local foods, I nominate HeedtheFeed.
- A magnitude of green building inspiration can be found at Earthbag Building Blog.
- For a beautiful website with helpful content, I’m grateful to Urban Homesteading.
- Because I like the useful information they share, here’s to the Walden Effect blog!
- I felt right at home and ready to learn from The Zeiger Family Homestead.
- For the adventures of vegetarian travel nomads, check out Never Ending Voyage.
- Can’t wait to explore this blog further and nominate Arignagardener.
- For a spirit of adventure consistent with our homesteading bucket list, Indulge – Travel, Adventure & New Experiences.
- With great recipes using my favorite foods, I’ll continue reading Simple Speedy Snacks.
- Another fantastic cook and inspiring friend of mine writes The Paper Year.
- For a touch of humor in homesteading, I nominate Southern Urban Homesteader.