Sweet Potato Fries with Homegrown Lavender
I was very excited when our lavender bush started blooming and the fragrance filled the bedroom window where the plant hung inside an old purse. It outgrew that window and I moved it into the living room window shelf we made from a wooden CD rack and twine. Eventually I came to the realization that it was time to start eating it (oh boy!) and learning how to process lavender for various uses. Here’s what we did last night for dinner!
Lavender Sweet Potato Fries
- Chop one large sweet potato or yam into fry-sized pieces (you can peel it or leave the skin on).
- Bruise a few sprigs of lavender, leaves and blossoms.
- Saute one clove garlic with the lavender in olive oil
- Toss fries in the oil using a bowl or bag
- Bake in the oven on a cookie sheet at 450 for about 20 minutes (check often; some cook quickly)