Vegan Cheddar Baked Potato Soup
This soup is perfect for chilly days, and can also be made soy-free!
In this case, we jumped off my dietary restriction boat for two days and used a soy-based, gluten-free cheddar block for vegans. But actually I liked the soup better without the cheddar, when it just tasted of baked potatoes and didn’t come with a side of symptoms. I’m not supposed to be eating soy. So alter it to meet your own needs, and enjoy a thick, hot soup for a cold winter day!
Vegan Gluten-Free Baked Potato Soup
- Make homemade vegetable broth using unwanted vegetable chunks such as carrot, squash, broccoli, onion, etc. Boil the veggies until drained of color and mushy, then drain in a colander with your soup pot underneath to catch the liquid.
- Peel off potato skins, chop potato into chunks, and boil in the broth until soft, adding almond milk or water if necessary and blending the potatoes into a creamy, thick soup.
- Add salt, pepper, and any spices you enjoy.
- Add butter, vegan spread, or vegan cheddar cheeze.
- Feel the warmth flowing through you as you enjoy your homemade soup! Bonus points for growing your own vegetables or using organic 🙂