Sustainable Spring Dates for Earth Day
Carbon-neutral date ideas for twitter-pated folks in springtime.
Ryan & I try to live every aspect of our lives as sustainably as possible, and that includes date night. For last night’s date, we had a picnic in the Walton Arts Center Rose Garden, and listened to the Fayetteville Public Library’s event, Caravanserai: Fes Orchestra, celebrating the culture of Morocco! Listen to their music here. We’ve got plenty of other date ideas that are eco-friendly for Earth Day weekend – why not get outside and enjoy spring like Bambi and his friends are sure to be doing right now? Here’s our list of the best sustainable dates in Fayetteville:
- Dinner at Greenhouse Grille. We typically order their quinoa dishes.
- Riding the Bike Trail. We often look for bunnies on our ride.
- Walking at Wilson Park. Any park is great for a stroll hand-in-hand!
- Playing Pooh Sticks. Find a bridge, some sticks, and it’s a simple activity to do while talking.
- Exploring the Woods. We look for in-town woody spots, and find bird’s nests!
- Homemade Dinner with Candles. We usually cook organic, gluten-free spaghetti for dates.
- Game Nights! We sprawl out on the bedspread and play Zip-It or Scrabble.